AXILAT: A setting accelerator
Synthomer, an emulsion and speciality polymers manufacturer, has a range of dispersions and redispersible powders, suitable for mortars and flooring.
Cornelius Performance Chemicals represents Synthomer in the construction, coatings and adhesives markets.
The Synthomer portfolio includes AXILAT SA 502, a setting and hardening accelerator.
Axilat SA 502
Axilat SA 502 is a 100% amorphous ‘flash’ alumina with a very high surface area.
It is used in construction applications as:
- A setting accelerator - with an effect over a large range of temperatures
- An Anti-shrinkage agent
- An Efflorescence controller
The powder is solvent free and UV-stable and has increased reactivity is due to its high specific surface (~ 250 m2/g) and surface defects.
Benefits of Axilat SA 502 (when compared to Aluminate cement, CAC)
- Setting time easily adjustable with a low content of SA 502
- Allows for a cost reduction of up to 40%
- No impact on mechanical properties
- Slight decrease of compressive strength
- High reduction of shrinkage with a low content of powder
- Reduces efflorescence at the surface with low dosage
- Excellent properties at cold and hot temperatures
- High purity ensures consistent and predictable behaviour
For more information, please contact Laura Herrod on 01279 714332.