Product Focus: Bettergerm™ by New Holland Extraction
Introducing New Holland Extraction
New Holland Extraction is the manufacturer of Bettergerm™, a UK produced high protein, de-fatted wheat germ which is offered in plain and textured varieties.
What is Bettergerm™?
Bettergerm™ is made from the heart of the wheat grain known as the wheat germ. Being rich in protein, dietary fibre and numerous vitamins and minerals, wheat germ is nutritionally the most valuable part of the grain. New Holland Extraction sources raw wheat germ from the UK and puts it through specialist production processes which remove the oil and fat content. The positive aspects of the wheat germ are retained whilst the product is transformed to produce a high protein, almost fat-free ingredient with a 12 month shelf life.
Bettergerm™ can be used for various applications including sports nutrition, bakery products, cereals and breakfast bars, extruded products such as pasta and noodles and as a filler and protein expander in meat applications.
A versatile, semi-fine powder suitable for use in baked products, inclusion in cereals, as a nut replacement, a dietary supplement and in pre-mixes.
A granular, flowing product used for added flavour and texture in bakery, cereal production, snacks, ready meals, health supplements and pre-mixes.
- High plant protein content, typical analysis 30.4%
- Rich source of dietary fibre, typical analysis 13.9%
- Low in fat and oil, typical analysis 1.85%
- Excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and folic acid
- Rich in minerals, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, manganese, copper, selenium and zinc
- No added sugar
- 12 month shelf life
- Enhances the flavour and texture of existing products
- Clean labelling (can be labelled as wheat)
- High water binding capacity
For more information on Bettergerm™, please contact Sophie Malyon on +44 (0) 1279 714 300 or email@example.com