How does it feel? The importance of texture in skin care products
(Posted on 25/07/16)
* This blog was updated 03/05/2018
A new wave of layering textures within skin and hair care products, seen in recent Asian trends, has captivated the UK cosmetics market. This involves not only the immediate texture of a product or how it looks in the pot, but the sensory properties in the way it feels on the skin.
The Cornelius Care team is excited at the prospect of developing new product solutions based on the trend and look forward to seeing innovative advances within skin and hair care textures.
Jennifer Hermitage, our Market & Application Chemist believes: “The way a product applies is also of critical importance to how the product performs. A thicker conditioner may be perceived as more conditioning, while a sticky lip gloss longer wearing. Of all the cosmetic sectors, the hair styling sector has arguably had the most opportunity to play with the texture of products, creating an array of pastes, creams, sprays, clays and pomades”.
BASF SWOP™ technology offers innovative transformative textures. The benefits include;
- An innovative technology that combines light & fresh application of O/W with the skin care benefits of W/O Emulsions
- Comfortable, light and luxurious at once: from light to rich
- Flexible sensory effects: From a smooth & homogeneous evolution to a perceivable transformation
- Immediate, long lasting moisturization
- Versatility of textures: From sprayable to fluid, lotion, mousse* or cream
- Versatility of applications: Body care, sun care, facial care and make-up
- Can be produced as an O/W Emulsion, no special equipment needed. Cold process possible
The Care team at Cornelius has been busy testing out the formulations and we all agree that they have to be experienced to be believed!