Get a spring back in your step
(Posted on 23/03/16)
March has come around again and it’s almost time for that Spring clean out; changing to the summer wardrobe and de-cluttering the house ready for the light summer months. But why stop there? Give your body and face that much needed extra Spring clean too.
Exfoliation is key.
By exfoliating, dead cells are removed from the skins surface and the natural process of exfoliation is accellerated, boosting skin radiance. It has also been shown that exfoliation can mitigate the signs of photo damage.
Due to the negative connotations linked to polyethylene micro beads and the environment, polyethylene natural alternatives are at the top of all exfoliating product wish lists. This year is all about eco-exfoliating. Our favourite natural beauties are silica, cellulose, jojoba, beeswax, candelilla and nutshells –look out for some products out there in retail right now:
- One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser by Clarins includes orange extract to soften, refresh and revive, Moringa Seed extract, with anti-pollution benefits to purify and refine the skin along with gentle Silica Microbeads to tackle clogged pores, exfoliate and renew.
- AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser by Murad is compiled of a trio of salicylic, lactic and glycolic acids, which provide clarity and radiant complexion by increasing cell turnover, teamed with Jojoba Beads that gently polish and exfoliate skin while boosting hydration. End result – younger and smoother complexion.
- Finally, First Aid Beauty’s Facial Radiance Polish, which uses Shea Nut Shell Powder to gently exfoliate and brighten skin.
Marine Biodegradability is an important consideration when choosing an exfoliant this year due to the increased concern on the effect of micro beads on marine life. Cornelius supplier JRS provide these biodegradable alternatives within their Vitacel and Vivapur ranges. The sustainably sourced cellulose ranges are available in many sizes, colours and shapes including spherical and irregular shape for extra exfoliation.
For the young and fresh faced, the perfect active Exfolactive EL from prickly pear cactus, boosts cell turnover to reveal fresh, radiant looking skin and decrease wrinkles. This is particularly suited to young skin where the use of harsh abrasive products should be discouraged.
Skin always needs a bit of refreshment, especially in Spring time. At Cornelius we offer Oxygeskin, supplied by Silab, this unique ingredient from
Nasturtium, boosts the body`s capacity to overcome hypoxic stress and eases the transport of oxygen within cells. By promoting oxygenation of skin cells, Oxygeskin improves the skin`s surface condition giving it a healthy glow.
Tips to refresh and energise the body and mind
- Hydrate yourself – maintaining hydration keeps skin naturally clear and radiant as well as helping to overcome dry, tight and flaky skin
- Exercise - people who do regular exercise are more likely to sleep better, more likely to concentrate and focus better and less likely to be anxious or tense
- Tea – tea contains antioxidants, fills you up and re-hydrates you - plus, a biscuit is just too dry without a cup of tea!
- Get outside - longer hours of sunlight give us the perfect excuse to make the most of the outdoors
What’s more, Cornelius supplies two actives that can help to refresh and re-energise the skin. Firstly, Celldetox, extracted from yeast, boosts the autophagy system, reinforcing cell detoxification and Detoxyl, rich in gallic acid and derivatives issued from shea butter, efficiently protects the skin against urban pollutants like nicotine, lead, chlorine and exhaust gas.
For more information on all ingredients mentioned that the Cornelius Care Team offer visit http://www.cornelius.co.uk or contact email@example.com