Neville Prior 7 October 2009 09:09:46 AMYesterday evening I received an e-mail from a pal of mine in the States. It was entitled "Close Your Eyes", and was all about remembering what times were like when I was a child. Really set me to thinking how different my childhood was to that of my own children. It was a time when :
- Mobile phones didn't exist.
- You played in the woods and made dens all day without fear.
- Summers days seemed long and hot, and summer nights were the same.
- Computers, Play Station, Nintendo and even Atari weren't around...................
- .............games were British Bulldog, It, He etc..............
- Being sent to see the headmaster was nothing compared to the ire of your parents when you came home.
- The "Bobby on the beat" was part of the community, and kept control with words of help or the odd "telling off".
- Life just seemed simpler and more relaxed.
Of course, things always seem rosy in retrospect, but have we created a better world? I am not so sure!
- Comments